Alliance Staffing Job
12 Month School Nurse
Winston-Salem, NC (Forsyth County)
FORSYTH COUNTY (NC)
invites applications for the position of:
Public Health Nurse II
SALARY: $23.73 - $27.29 Hourly
$49,351.34 - $56,754.04 Annually
OPENING DATE: 07/24/20
CLOSING DATE: Continuous
LOCATION: 799 North Highland Avenue, Winston-Salem
DEPARTMENT: Public Health
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES:
The Forsyth County Department of Public Health is seeking to hire a team-oriented individual to work as a Full Time School Nurse. This is a 12 month position which will serve as a floater nurse primarily to schools for medically fragile children and as needed for typical schools. This position will also cover the summer ESY program.
The nurse will be a health resources person for the school community, interacting with students and their families on a regular basis, and developing positive relationships that will enhance the students' educational experiences.
The ideal candidate will posses the following knowledge and abilities:
- Considerable knowledge of and skill in the application of nursing theory, practices, principles and techniques employed in the field of Public Health and related program;
- Considerable knowledge of available resources and organizations and the ability to coordinate these as needed;
- Working knowledge of current social and economic problems relating to public health;
- Ability to deal tactfully with others and to exercise good judgment in appraising situations and making decisions;
- Ability to secure the cooperation of clients, to elicit needed information and to maintain effective working relationships and;
- Ability to record accurately services rendered and to interpret and explain records, reports and medical instructions.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Graduation from a four year college or university with a B.S. Degree in Nursing which includes a public health nursing rotation and one year of public health nursing experience or;
Graduation from an accredited school of professional nursing and two years of professional nursing experience including one year in public health.
Must be licensed to practice as a Registered Nurse in North Carolina by the North Carolina Board of Nursing.
A higher education level may be considered as a substitution for all or part of the experience requirement.
Valid driver's license is required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Essential duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to: - Checking and monitoring the immunization status of students;
- Implementing emergency care plans and developing, teaching and monitoring plans of care for students with special health needs;
- Teaching and monitoring school staff members in the daily administration and documentation of medications and;
- Assist with staff education, vision/hearing screenings and other school nurse duties as assigned/needed and;
- Assisting in the investigation and monitoring of communicable diseases in the assigned schools and other areas of Forsyth County.