Alliance Staffing Job
Washihngton, NC (Beaufort County)
Opening Date July 13, 2021
Closing Date Open Until Filled
Hours of Work Monday-Friday
Qualified candidates must apply online at www.ncapha.org/employment_center
Pre-employment drug screening, background check, driving record, and/or credit check will be required as a pre-condition of employment.
NCAPHA is actively recruiting for a contract Behaviorial Health and Substance Abuse Coordinator to be placed at the Beaufort County Health Dept. in Washington, NC
Description of Work
The primary purpose of this grant position is to provide essential support to behavioral health and substance abuse strategic planning in Beaufort County. This position will be the lead program coordinator and interagency liaison for the BC360 Behavioral Health Task Force in addressing substance use and behavioral health issues. This position will work with various partnering agencies and the public to help increase the public health infrastructure within Beaufort County.
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements
A master's degree in public or human services administration or a human services field (public health, sociology, psychology, social work) and one year of experience in human service program planning or administration; or graduation from a four-year college or university and three years of administrative or consultative experience in a human service program; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Valid, unrestricted NC driver’s license. Personal vehicle available for work use.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
· Skilled with leadership and managerial principles.
· Ability to write and speak effectively and to stimulate interest and cooperation among various groups in carrying out a county-wide program.
· Ability to work effectively with people on all educational levels and to maintain effective working relationships with local community agencies and the public.
· Ability to motivate and influence others in a positive manner.
· Ability to Identify potential project risks and difficulties and design strategies to mitigate or avoid risks. Escalates issues as appropriate.
· Ability to adapt to change while simultaneously maintaining focus on objectives and envisioning the bigger picture.
· Considerable knowledge of the principles and practices of public health or health service administration.
· General knowledge of strategic planning and modern educational theory and techniques in the field of public health.
· General knowledge of journalistic principles and methods of preparing subject matter in the promotion of public health activities.
· General knowledge of display techniques and skill in the arrangement of exhibits.
This is a contract, grant funded position hired through the North Carolina Alliance of Public Health Agencies
· $650/month medical stipend for health insurance
· Paid time off (Accrue 8 hours per month)
· Paid sick leave (Accrue 8 hours per month)
· Paid holidays
· 401k option (After one year of employment and 1,000 hours worked)
Qualified applicants apply at: www.ncapha.org