Alliance Staffing Job
Clinical Vaccine Support
Varies, NC (Throughout NC County)
NCAPHA is actively recruiting for Clinical Vaccine Support Staff to be placed at positions throughout NC
Prefer candidates who are North Carolina residents for greater than one year, with familiarity with counties/cities/communities due to the specific job duties
Title: Clinical Vaccine Support
Reports to: Vaccine Program Administrator
Job Location: Onsite
The Clinical Vaccine Support staff will assist the Local Health Department with their vaccination efforts. This staff will be responsible for administering the COVID-19 vaccine. The clinical support may also assist with registration, documentation, screening, and observation. It is important for the clinical support staff to be able to respond to emergency situations and follow emergency management protocols in the event of an adverse vaccine reaction. This position will require all staff to work on site and follow all protocols outlined by Community Care of North Carolina, Department of Health and Human Services, and the Local Health Departments.
- Maintain daily contact with the Vaccine Coordinator and assigned local health department to receive assignments and make sure the needs of the local health departments are being met.
- Work on-site at the LHD or at remote vaccination clinics
- Review consent forms and patient records as needed to ensure proper care and correct vaccine administered with accurate documentation.
- Provide pre-screening of vaccine participants, including taking vital signs.
- Administer vaccine using proper technique and safety precautions.
- Provide post-vaccination observation as defined by clinical guidelines.
- Must be able to recognize and act on the signs and symptoms of adverse reactions to the vaccine.
- Must be knowledgeable about the action to be taken in the event of an emergency, including treatment of anaphylaxis and other medical emergencies.
- Be able to properly document and report onsite incidents and injuries.
- Adhere to Covid-19 protocols, Occupational Safety and Health Administration guideline, and Universal Precautions
- Assist with set up, break down, and clean-up of patient care areas
- Dispose biohazardous waste in the appropriate manner in the proper receptacles.
- Adhere to CCNC and local health department policies and procedures
- Assist with non-clinical tasks and other activities as mutually agreed by the Parties.
- Must be able to travel within assigned region.
- One of the following active professional NC licenses: MD, DO, PA, NP, RN, LPN, Advanced EMTs, Paramedics, and Immunizing Pharmacists.
- At least one (1) year of prior clinical experience
- Experience with intramuscular injection technique and subcutaneous injection technique
- Current Basic Life Support certification with documentation
· Access to a personal computer/laptop for data entry
· Ability and willingness to work onsite at the LHD or offsite location
- Ability to speak, read, and write English
- Fluency in languages other than English is a PLUS
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion and professionalism
- Preferred North Carolina resident for greater than one year, with familiarity with counties/cities/communities
- Maintain a valid driver’s license and a personal vehicle for work use
- Maintain valid vehicle insurance on vehicle used for work
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to exhibit a professional and positive attitude and a good work ethic
- Ability to prioritize workload, set and meet deadlines
- Ability to follow directions given by assigned local health department and vaccine coordinator to ensure the needs of the program are being met.
- Exhibit excellent interpersonal skills and ability to interact professionally with culturally diverse populations during a time of crisis and distress
- Ability to think critically and use good judgement in all decision making
- Ability to show empathy to distressed individuals
• The job environment is onsite at a Local Health Department or designated off site clinic.
• Significant travel though the region and North Carolina will be required.
• Routinely there may be some minor physical inconveniences or discomforts in the work setting, including sitting for moderate periods of time, prolonged standing, lifting, pushing, and repetitive wrist motion.
• Must be able to lift 30 pounds or more without assistance.
• The job environment can be intense as high volume, repetitive work is an expectation.
QUALIFIED CANDIDATES PLEASE APPLY AT: