Alliance Staffing Job
Raleigh-with remote option available, NC (Wake County)
The Public Health Associations of North Carolina
North Carolina Alliance of Public Health Agencies
North Carolina Association of Local Health Directors
North Carolina Public Health Association
Job Title: Communications Director
Employee Type: Full-Time (Exempt)
Reports to: Executive Director
SALARY RANGE: $50,000 – $70,000 annually
As Communications Director for the Public Health Associations of North Carolina (North Carolina Alliance of Public Health Agencies, North Carolina Association of Local Health Directors, and North Carolina Public Health Association), you will help create and implement a comprehensive Communications Plan for each Association individually and the three Associations collectively. You will be responsible for promoting a positive public image of the Associations.
Generally, this position is responsible for articulating the Associations’ positions on issues and programs to their memberships and various audiences. You will lead public relations, media relations, advertising, informational newsletters and similar publications, and community affairs for the Associations.
The role requires a proficient level of writing skill, attention to detail, organization, the ability to work independently, proactively manage projects, problem solve and operate as the sole communications professional. Duties will be diverse and multi-faceted. The role requires interaction with senior leadership, therefore excellent professional skills are vital for this role. The ability to communicate effectively in written and oral communications is a must.
- Create effective communication strategies and information output for the Associations.
- Coordinate external and internal communications flow (promotional materials, newsletters, etc.)
- Write content for Association websites.
- Assist with maintenance of three Association websites.
- Develop, monitor, and modify social media protocols and efforts.
- Create social media content and post daily on at least one of three Association social media platforms.
- Strong organization, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated skills in writing and editing.
- Proficient knowledge of social media and emerging communication platforms.
- Strong technical skills (MS Office, especially Excel.)
- Track and report on the effectiveness of all communication types the Associations are currently using, and brainstorm innovative ways to better share our message and brand with clients/members.
- Create marketing and promotional materials, both print and electronic.
- Manage information.
- Team-oriented and able to work in a collaborative environment.
The regular FT workday schedule is between the hours of 7:00am to 6:30pm with flex start and end times to accommodate an employee’s needs and result in 7.5 hours worked. Employees will work Monday through Friday with a one-half hour unpaid lunch break. Our working hours constitute a 7.5-hour day or 37.5-hour workweek for FT employees.
Employees work a hybrid schedule with both office and remote hours during work week. Employee's work schedule to be determined based on home location.
Bachelor’s degree in public relations, communications or relevant field preferred.
Minimum 3-5 years related experience required; 5+ years related experience preferred.
Experience in marketing and communications preferred.
· Prior Public Health experience is a definite plus.
Qualified candidates apply: