Alliance Staffing Job
Community Health Outreach Program Coordinator
Beaufort, NC (Beaufort County)
NCAPHA is actively recruiting for Community Health Outreach Program Coordinator position placed at the Beaufort County Health Department.
COMMUNITY HEALTH OUTREACH PROGRAM COORDINATOR
Description of Work
The primary purpose of this grant position is for managing activities involved in planning, implementing, and evaluating efforts to build and maintain a countywide infrastructure to support Community Health Workers and to help address Health Disparities in our communities. Duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Work with partnering efforts and projects
- Assist the Health Department with addressing health disparity outcomes and improving indicators within vulnerable populations
- Work with BC360 to address health disparities and to develop a plan to expand the use of Community Outreach workers in the county
- Maintain communication across county partnerships to ensure program activities are assessed to maximize inclusivity and equitable opportunities.
- Assist in planning and facilitating referrals, transitions, and communication among Prepaid Health Plans and other systems of care on behalf of Medicaid beneficiaries and those who are uninsured
- Work with stakeholders to monitor education and training needs designed to advance equity, approach health topics, and access to services. Once identified, facilitate training to Community Health Workers, Community Outreach staff, medical practices, and community-based organizations
- Assist with growth of the NCCARE360 platform to bring resources to clients
- Coordinate meetings
- Assist Health Department with programs related to population outreach and maximizing participation in populations typically underserved
Acceptable Education and Experience Requirements
- Graduation from a four-year college or university with a degree in a human service field and one year of experience in; or graduation from a two-year associate degree program and three years of related experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
License and Certification Requirements
- Valid driver’s license.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- Skilled with leadership principles.
- Ability to write and speak effectively and to stimulate interest and cooperation among various groups in carrying out a county-wide program.
- Ability to work effectively with people on all educational levels and to maintain effective working relationships with local community agencies and the public.
- Ability to motivate and influence others in a positive manner.
- Ability to Identify potential project risks and difficulties and design strategies to mitigate or avoid risks. Escalates issues as appropriate.
- Ability to adapt to change while simultaneously maintaining focus on objectives and envisioning the bigger picture.
- Considerable knowledge of the principles and practices of public health or health service administration.
- General knowledge of journalistic principles and methods of preparing subject matter in the promotion of public health activities.
- General knowledge of display techniques and arrangement of exhibits.
This is a contract, grant funded position hired through the North Carolina Alliance of Public Health Agencies
- $650/month medical stipend for health insurance
- Paid time off (Accrue 8 hours/month) and Paid sick leave (Accrue 8 hours/month)
- Paid holidays
- 401k option (After one year of employment and 1,000 hours worked)
Opening Date: February 10, 2023
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Hiring Salary Range: $14.50-$16.00/Hour
Hours of Work: Monday-Friday 8am-5pm; There may be after hours and weekend work if necessary for Health Education and Promotion programs.
Qualified candidates must apply online at www.ncapha.org/employment_center
Pre-employment drug screening, background check, driving record, and/or credit check will be required as a pre-condition of employment.
Beaufort County is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Qualified candidates apply at: https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=8051017b-5cd0-4bd7-9972-7dc8ffcf752e&jobId=33312&lang=en_US&source=CC788055
[Please indicate this position on application.]