Alliance Staffing Job
Community Health Worker
Cumberland, NC (Cumberland County)
NCAPHA (Alliance Staffing) is actively recruiting for Community Health Worker placed with Cumberland Public Health Department.
General Description: Cumberland County Department of Public Health has received funding to improve maternal health outcomes. CCDPH uses evidence-based programs strategies to reduce health disparities by improving access to maternal care. The initiative aims to improve access to group prenatal care, lactation education, and childbirth classes provided in Spanish.
The Community Health Worker (CHW) will help to co-facilitates classes and will serve as liaison in a community setting. The CHW helps patients access community services specific to their needs. The CHW participates in community outreach programs and activities.
- Co-facilitate Supportive Pregnancy Care (group prenatal care) sessions in Spanish
- Co-facilitate lactation education and child birth classes in Spanish
- Assist patients enrolled in lactation education, children birth, and Support Pregnancy Care with referrals, follow-ups, and completing applications for services.
- Contribute to the development of media campaigns to reduce maternal mortality
- Complete required trainings to expand knowledge of health-related issues.
- Collaborates with local non-profits, government agencies, community groups, faith-based organizations and other relevant partners to promote services provided by local health departments. This includes but is not limited to attending health fairs, community events community group meetings, providing information on social media
Work Conditions: Most work hours will be spent in a community setting, some evenings and weekends required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
·Excellent communication skills to patients, staff, providers, and community members.
- Must be proficient in medical terminology.
- Written and oral fluency of both English and Spanish is required.
Education/Experience:Having personal experience working in a multicultural setting and at least one year of on-the-job experience is preferred. Basic computer skills and basic understanding of medical terminology.
Additional Requirements: Bilingual English/Spanish, established/strong connections to community served required.
ALL APPLICANTS ARE ASKED TO APPLY ONLINE AT: