Alliance Staffing Job
Contract PH School Nurse (6 positions)
Hickory, NC (Catawba County)
NCAPHA is actively recruiting for a contract Public Health School Nurse to be placed at the Catawba County Health Dept.
Position: Public Health School Nurse – hourly/temporary
Department: Public Health
Salary: $25.00 per hour
Closing Date: OUF
Are you a highly motivated, professional Nurse looking to work part-time and/or earn extra money on a temporary basis? Catawba County Public Health is recruiting for six (6) temporary, part-time Public Health School Nurses to provide COVID-19 support to the Catawba County School District throughout the week.
These positions are part-time hourly positions, with no benefits, working on a temporary basis. It is anticipated that employees will work approximately 32 hours per week ending on December 30, 2020.
· Performs symptom screenings on students and staff
· Follows up with staff and students after symptom detection
· Connects staff/parents/guardians/students with COVID-19 resources and education
· Performs health assessments related to COVID-19
· Investigates COVID-19 contacts and exposures within the school setting as needed
· Understanding of infection prevention and the utilization of PPE
· Comfortable with wearing full PPE (gown, gloves, N95 and face shield) as needed
· Graduation from a four-year college or university with a B.S. Degree in Nursing which includes a Public Health Nursing rotation and one year of experience in Public Health Nursing experience; or
· Graduation from an accredited school of professional nursing and two years of professional nursing experience including one year in public health
· Two years of Communicable Disease or Critical Care Health nursing experience can be substituted for one year of Public Health experience.
· Must be licensed by the N.C. Board of Nursing as an RN.
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to work well with a wide span of diverse people and professionals on all levels
· Strong assessment and referral skills
· Excellent organizational and time management skills
· Strong analytical and problem solving skills
· Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
· Effective computer skills in order to access and document in programs
· This is considered Light Work, requiring ability to stand, walk, and lift up to 20 pounds.
· Knowledge of communicable disease and virus transmission
· Familiarity with Strong Schools NC Public Health Toolkit (North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services)
· Bachelor’s degree in Nursing
· Nurses with bilingual skills (Spanish-English)
1. Explain your ability/desire to work a part-time, as needed position. What days/times are you available to work.
QUALIFIED CANDIDATES APPLY AT WWW.NCAPHA.ORG
(Indicate this position on your application.)