Alliance Staffing Job
Burlington, NC (Alamance County)
TWO (2) TEMPORARY CONTRACT POSITIONS
June 11, 2020
JOB TITLE: Contract Registered Nurse
SALARY: $32.00 per hour
FRINGE BENEFITS: Available for purchase through contract agency if desired.
TYPE POSITION: Contract: 40+ hours per week; overtime and weekend work is required. Length of contracted work is up to 6 months with the possibility of extension.
LOCATION: Burlington, NC
CLOSING DATE: June 21, 2020
Job Purpose: Alamance County Health Department’s mission is to prevent disease and disability and to promote and maintain an optimum degree of wellness in the citizens of Alamance County. This mission is carried out through disease surveillance and community health assessment; communicable disease investigation and control activities; community-wide health education and promotion of healthy behaviors; enforcement of public health laws and regulations; mobilization of and participation in community partnerships to prioritize and address county health problems; wrap-around services/care coordination; direct provision of basic prevention services through Health Department clinics; and prevention, investigation, and control of environmental health hazards. Hired candidates will be employed by NC Alliance of Public Health Agencies (NCAPHA) and contracted to work with Alamance County Health Department.
Provide comprehensive nursing services for program listed below:
· Communicable Disease Program:
· Function well as a part of a large team as well as individually providing comprehensive communicable disease response working directly with the Alamance County Health Department COVID-19 outbreak response. Duties include but are not limited to disease investigation, patient counseling, administration of disease control isolation and quarantine measures, contact tracing for infected persons and close contacts, obtaining testing/specimen collections, participating in agency testing/specimen collection events onsite or in the community, and providing telephonic COVID-19 guidance to community medical providers or members of the public.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
· Considerable knowledge of and skill in the application of nursing theory, practices, principles, and techniques employed in the field of public health and related programs
· General knowledge of and ability to apply the principles and practices of public health
· Working knowledge of current social and economic problems relating to public health
· Working knowledge of available resources and organizations.
· Ability to deal tactfully with others and to exercise good judgment in appraising situations and making decisions
· Ability to secure the cooperation of clients and families, to elicit needed information and to maintain effective relationships with clients, staff, other community agencies and the public
· Ability to record accurately services rendered and to interpret and explain records, reports and medical instructions to clients and families
· Accountability - Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
· Accuracy - Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
· Communication, Oral - Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
· Communication, Written - Ability to communicate in writing clearly and concisely.
· Compassion - Ability to show kindness, empathy and genuine care.
· Honesty - Ability to be truthful, maintain high level of confidentiality and be seen as credible in the workplace.
· Integrity – Trustworthiness to a degree that one is incapable of being false to a trust, responsibility or pledge
· Judgment – Ability to use good judgment and discretion as it relates to following policies and procedures.
· Safety-Minded – Creating a safe work environment; managing risks; reducing exposure liabilities.
· Teamwork – Ability to work with others successfully and productively for the common cause and desired end goal.
QUALIFICATIONS: Graduation from a four-year college or university with a BS Degree in Nursing which includes a public health nursing rotation and one year of public health nursing experience; or graduation from an accredited school of professional nursing and two years of nursing experience, including one year of public health nursing; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE FOR A TRAINEE APPOINTMENT: Graduation from an accredited school of professional nursing.
NECESSARY SPECIAL QUALIFICATIONS: A current license to practice as a Registered Nurse in North Carolina by the North Carolina Board of Nursing. Valid N.C. driver's license and have access to a personal vehicle.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: Fluent in both Spanish and English both oral and written. BSN preferred.
N (Not Applicable) Activity is not applicable to this position.
O (Occasionally) Position requires this activity up to 33% of the time (0 - 2.5+ hrs/day)
F (Frequently) Position requires this activity from 33% - 66% of the time (2.5 - 5.5+ hrs/day)
C (Constantly) Position requires this activity more than 66% of the time (5.5+ hrs/day)
Walk FSit F
Manually Manipulate F
Reach Outward F
Reach Above Shoulder O
Squat or Kneel O
10 lbs or less O
11-20 lbs. O
21-50 lbs. O
51-100 lbs. O
Over 100 lbs. N
12 lbs or less F
13-25 lbs. O
26-40 lbs. O
41-100 lbs. O
Other Physical Requirements
•Vision (Near, Distance, Peripheral)