Alliance Staffing Job
Siler City, NC (Chatham County)
NCAPHA IS ACTIVELY RECRUITING FOR A CONTRACT RN - COVID19 RESPONSE, CLINICAL & COMMUNITY HEALTH SERVICES TO BE PLACED AT THE CHATHAM COUNTY HEALTH DEPT.
Job Title: Temporary Registered Nurse – COVID19 Response, Clinical and Community Health Services (40+ hrs/wk; overtime and weekend work may be required. Office-based position involving some community outreach. Work assignment end date: June 30, with the possibility of extension.)
Location: Chatham County Public Health Department, 1000 South Tenth Avenue, Siler City, NC 27344
Contact Person: Zach Deaton, Division Director, Clinical and Community Health Services
Telephone number: 919-742-5641
Job Summary: The primary purpose of this position is to work in collaboration with other Communicable Disease staff to manage, monitor, identify, and follow-up on COVID-19 for Chatham County residents as defined by the Communicable Disease Branch of the Department of Health and Human Services. Responsibilities and duties include, but are not limited to:
• Disease investigation, patient counseling, administration of disease control isolation and quarantine measures, contact tracing for infected persons and close contacts, obtaining testing/specimen collections, participating in agency testing/specimen collection events onsite or in the community, and providing telephonic COVID-19 guidance to community medical providers or members of the public.
• Responsible for applying general knowledge of principles and practices of public health with consideration and knowledge of social and economic challenges related to public health.
• Identifies and analyzes health data. Maintains records, and prepares reports and correspondence related to data analysis. Develops systems for collecting and organizing data and assures quality control of data.
• Reports close contacts to COVID-19 into the COVID-19 Community Team Outreach (CCTO) Tool and manages spreadsheets associated with COVID-19 data.
• Assists clients and families with community and organizational resources available to them.
• Shows tactful ability to interact with others and to exercise good judgment in appraising situations and making decisions.
• Cooperates with clients and families, to elicit needed information and to maintain effective relationships with clients, staff, other community agencies and the public.
• Records accurately services rendered and to interpret and explain records, reports and medical instructions to clients and families.
Skills: Requires proficiency in operating office equipment as well as skills in data editing and data analysis. Must demonstrate attention to detail and have the ability to follow verbal and written instruction. Requires flexibility as well as the ability to work in a team atmosphere, both in and outside the office setting. Employee must be able to communicate effectively and interact tactfully with others. Must exercise good judgment in appraising situations and reporting to appropriate staff. Requires considerable knowledge of available community resources.
Minimum Qualifications: Graduation from a four-year college or university with a B.S. in Nursing which includes a Public Health Nursing rotation and one year of Public Health Nursing experience; or Master’s in Public Health and graduation from a school of professional nursing and one year of professional nursing experience; or graduation from a school of professional nursing and two years of professional nursing experience including one year of Public Health Nursing experience; or an equivalent combination of training and experience. A current license to practice as a Registered Nurse in North Carolina by the N.C. Board of Nursing is necessary. PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: Fluent in both Spanish and English (both oral and written).
Position Closing Date:
Open until filled
QUALIFIED CANDIDATES APPLY AT: WWW.NCAPHA.ORG
[BE SURE TO INDICATE THIS POSITION ON APPLICATION]