Alliance Staffing Job
COVID-19 Community Health Coordinator
Iredell, NC (Iredell County)
NCAPHA is actively recruiting for COVID-19 Community Health Coordinator position placed at Iredell County Health Department.
COVID-19 Community Health Coordinator
DESCRIPTION OF WORK: The primary purpose of this grant funded temporary placement position is to oversee the coordination of a robust COVID-19 community health education and information program. This position will oversee the community health worker to collaboratively create plans and then work within the community and alongside non-profits, businesses and existing trusted members of the community to carry out COVID-19 health risk reduction campaigns and work to promote equitable access to information, testing and vaccinations.
- Guide the development, implementation and improvement of COVID-19 messaging and information within vulnerable communities, where data reveals the need.
- Develop and manage a budget that meets the needs of the program, while abiding by grant requirements.
- Guide reliable information that will be communicated to individuals and the community at large about COVID-19 vaccine facts to dismay myths to alleviate fears and hesitancies.
- Work to help community members find and obtain resources to assist with their needs, in an equity manner.
- Create plans to identify individuals, who can be a part of a COVID-19 community champion network, to further promote facts and public health prevention practices, including testing and vaccinations.
- Provide face-to-face, telephone and virtual communication to individuals or civic groups.
- Enhance ways vaccinations, testing, and personal protection can be accessed.
- Develop a robust plan to continuously deliver programming within the community, along-side partners, within underserved populations to reduce CCOVID-19 transmission.
This position is temporary and will be employed by North Carolina Alliance of Public Health Agencies.THIS POSITION IS NOT AN IREDELL COUNTY POSITION. The position will be placed at the Iredell County Health Department, located at 318 Turnersburg HWY, Statesville NC 28625.
- Monday - Friday 8am-5pm, 40 hours, occasional evenings, nights and weekends.
- $30.00 hour
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- BS degree from a four-year college or university in health promotion, public health or similar related field.
- Job related experience should reflect program coordination, management and/or leadership responsibilities.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES:
- A good understanding of public health and COVID-19.
- Ability to exhibit positive attitude along with good work ethics.
- Builds and maintains relationships and interacts professionally with team members as well as local partners.
- Develops and guides the development of appropriate outreach materials for programming.
- Plan program input requirements and design output reports based on user need to measure program success.
- Program budget development and management.
- Ability to follow directions to ensure the program and/or grant requirements are being met.
- Have the ability to provide reliable information, communicate clear and effectively to individuals and in groups (in a relatable manner).
- Ability to effectively use Microsoft Office/PC based applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook).
- Ability to organize and prioritize responsibilities to achieve goals in a timely manner.
- Ability to share and delegate duties.
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion and professionalism.
- Ability to think critically and use good judgement in decision making.
- Ability to speak, read and write English. Fluency in other languages, like Spanish, is a plus.
- Maintain a valid driver’s license and a personal vehicle for work use.
- Maintain valid vehicle insurance on the vehicle used for work purposes.
Qualified candidates apply at: https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=8051017b-5cd0-4bd7-9972-7dc8ffcf752e&jobId=33312&lang=en_US&source=CC788055