Alliance Staffing Job
Jacksonville, NC (Onslow County)
The COVID Nurse holds a RN/LPN certification and is responsible for a myriad of clinical and administrative tasks related to COVID. These functions include COVID Case Investigation which includes collecting essential information from positive patients and entering this information into various data tracking systems. This position will also administer COVID vaccines to all eligible ages.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Significant contact with the public, occurring primarily by phone, performing case investigation and contact tracing functions.
2. Collecting essential information from positive patients and identifying others that have been in close contact during their infection timeframe.
3. Details collected from the case are entered into various data tracking systems and reported to the state level using state tracking systems.
4. Performs quality administrative support to the Communicable Disease Supervisor including Excel spreadsheets, report generation and data validation to inform the decision-making of Health Department Leadership.
5. Performs other duties as assigned.
6. Extensive Contact with the public via phone interviews, and communication of confidential and time sensitive information
7. Familiarity and the able to uphold confidentiality and HIPAA compliance is imperative.
8. Those licensed as LPN/RN will provide direct patient care in administering COVID vaccine.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
LPN or RN
This position requires knowledge, skills, and abilities equivalent to:
Interviewing, Investigation and Care Coordination
Have excellent mathematics, verbal, and written communication and computer skills
Possess proficiency in using a personal computer and Microsoft Office; proficiency in Microsoft Excel and data analysis is essential.
Knowledgeable of spreadsheet, database, and word processing software.
Normal office environment
This position WILL require incumbent to engage in after hours and weekend work. WILL work rotating weekends.
Work will be primarily onsite in the Onslow County Health Department located in Jacksonville, NC. Hours are negotiable but applicants should expect to work beyond 5PM—start times will be shifted later to accommodate the need for after 5PM work (example: 10AM-7PM)
Work is primarily performed in a normal office environment while seated at a desk operating a personal computer keyboard, calculator, phone, and other office equipment.
The above is intended to describe the content of and requirements of the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements. Duties may be changed at any time from this job description to meet the need of the organization. As of now this position will be active until December 30, 2021.
Qualified candidates please apply at: http://www.ncapha.org/employment_center
[Be sure to indicate this position on employment application]