Public Health Department Job
Oxford, NC (Granville County)
October 23, 2019
POSITION NO. 463-10-001
SALARY GRADE (59)
HIRING RANGE $27,279 - $34,047
Open until filled
Granville-Vance Public Health is currently accepting applications for the position of Dental Assistant for the Dental Clinic in Oxford, NC. The Dental Clinic of Granville-Vance Public Health now provides dental services for Granville and Vance Counties. Staff in this new clinic for the District supports and enables community needs to be met in an efficient, timely, and professional manner.
This position provides primary support to dentists for all dental procedures. Assisting dental hygienists, other dental assistants and community programming staff are also a frequent occurrence. Dental Assistants may also provide administrative support in scheduling and confirming appointments, filing and scanning electronic records.
- Prepares and arranges procedure-specific instrument trays
- Sets up, breaks down and turns over operatories between patients
- Mixes impression and filling materials
- Monitors and records patient behavior and vital signs (BP, HR, and temperature)
- Takes intra- and extra-oral x-rays in accordance with NC radiological guidelines, processes and stores images
- Assists with dental screenings and prevention activities in school or community as needed
- Assists with support of community based Dental services (Mobile Unit)
- Performs Dental Assistant I procedures as appropriate to clinical protocol and according to regulations of the NC Board of Dentistry
- Maintains instruments and equipment within operatories and reports any shortage of supplies, malfunction or safety concerns
- Cleans and sterilizes surfaces, instruments and equipment in compliance with CDC, OSHA and agency
- Provides education on dental health and clinic procedures to clients, families and community groups
- Enters appropriate patient information into computer procedural templates
- Assists front office staff with administrative activities as requested
- Performs related duties as required
- Embraces a culture of continuous Quality Improvement within CFFD/GVPH, by actively participating in QI trainings, opportunities, and projects by utilizing QI concepts and techniques.
Minimum qualifications for this position: Completion of a dental assistant program from an appropriately accredited institution and one year of on-the-job training as a dental assistant and required x-ray training when needed; or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Coronal Polishing and Nitrous certified preferred. Experience in a mission-focused dental clinic (serving Medicaid and uninsured patients) is preferred. Neatness, accuracy, ability to work well with others, and confidentiality are essential to this position. To apply for this position interested applicants must submit the following: a completed state application (PD 107), certified college transcripts, and three work-related reference contacts. May submit via email to email@example.com postal mail to:
Granville-Vance District Health Department
Post Office Box 367
Oxford, North Carolina 27565
For more information about our agency please go to www.gvdhd.org.
AN EOE/AA EMPLOYER