Public Health Department Job
Winston-Salem, NC (Forsyth County)
General Dentist Position at Forsyth County Department of Public Health
General Statement of Duties
Forsyth County's Department of Public Health has a great opportunity for an experienced dentist to work in a public health dental clinic with a supportive and caring staff. The clinic is family oriented and sees primarily Medicaid patients.
The clinic operates 7:30 am to 5:00 pm Monday through Thursday and 7:30 am to 11:30 am on Friday.
Candidates should have the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
· Ability to diagnose oral health conditions in adults and children and provide treatment plan
· Ability to provide dental treatments including preventive services, restoratives, endodontics, extractions, fixed and removable prosthesis
· Ability to maintain effective working relationships with staff
· Ability to effectively communicate with patients in order to understand their chief complaint and explain treatment options
· Ability to provide oral hygiene instructions and diet recommendation
· Ability to review medical history and recognize the need for medical consult with medical doctor
· Ability to make referrals to specialists for oral health problems in which Dentist cannot resolve
· Knowledge in OSHA and HIPAA rules and regulations
· Ability to deliver excellent customer service and be professional with both patients and staff
Minimum Education and Experience
Graduation from an approved school of dentistry.
Must be licensed by the North Carolina Dental Board (NCDB).
A higher education level may be considered as a substitution for all or part of the experience requirement.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Essential duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Duties include diagnosis and treatment of oral health conditions in both adults and children.
· Perform treatment of oral health problems in adults and children.
· Make referrals for oral health problems in which Dentist cannot resolve immediately.
· Provide education and orientation to patient or legal guardian on all treatments
· Participate in Sealant Projects (4 times a year) at the schools with staff to provide screenings and supervision over services rendered (prophylaxis, fluoride varnish, sealant placement)
Please click on the link to view job description, benefits, and apply for the position: https://www.governmentjobs.com/jobs/2081969-0/dentist