Public Health Department Job
Health Director, Onslow County
Jackonville, nc (Onslow County)
Onslow County is seeking its next Public Health Director. The accredited Onslow County Department of Public Health serves a diverse community. The successful candidate will be a proven public health administrator who has impeccable integrity and is a compassionate, strategic thinker with a record of outstanding community engagement, transparency, staff excellence and innovative leadership in health service delivery. The incoming Health Director must value teamwork and collaboration, as well as champion outstanding service while holding high standards for self and others. The environment is ripe for a leader who is a change agent ready to make an impact both in the agency and in the community. Department and Position Overview: Within Onslow County, the Public Health Department exists within Consolidated Human Services which also includes Social Services and Senior Services. Reporting to Consolidated Human Services and County Administration, the Public Health Director leads a staff of over 115 to deliver and promote public health services, strategies and initiatives to the citizens of the County. The Health Department operates six divisions: Administration, Personal and Family Health, Nutrition Services, Environmental Health, Community Relations and Preparedness, Home Health and Hospice with a budget of $18.5M.The state of the art, Consolidated Human Services Agency opened in April 2019 to offer centralized health and social services to Onslow County residents. Additionally, the Health Department operates 3 satellite offices throughout the County offering limited services. Minimum Qualifications: Minimum training and experience requirements are in accordance with GS 130A-40 and GS 130A-45.5. For master's degree related to public health, the determination must be made by the State Health Director.
· A medical doctorate; or,
· A master’s degree in Public Health Administration, and at least one year of employment experience in health programs or health services; or,
· A master’s degree in a public health discipline other than public health administration, and at least three years of employment experience in health programs or health services; or,
· A master’s degree in public administration, and at least two years of experience in health programs or health services; or,
· A master’s degree in a field related to public health, and at least three years of experience in health programs or health services; or,
· A bachelor’s degree in public health administration or public administration and at least three years of experience in health programs or health services.
· Master’s degree in Public Health in addition to required education;
· Six (6) years of senior management level experience working directly for or with a public health agency;
· Experience with direct oversight and/or working closely with public health clinical services, communicable disease and public health preparedness.
Compensation and Benefits: The hiring range is $89,026 to $115,734. Final salary will be based on experience and combined with a generous benefits package. Benefits include but are not limited to: participation in the Local Governmental Employees Retirement System, 401(k), vacation and sick leave, medical and dental insurance, employee assistance program, group life insurance, and other supplemental benefit programs. For more information visit: https://www.onslowcountync.gov/758/Benefits. Residency within the County is required.
Application and Selection Process: To apply, please go to http://www.developmentalassociates.com, and click on Public Health Director – Onslow County link on the home page. All applications must be submitted online. All applications must be submitted online via the Developmental Associates application portal – NOT the County Application portal, nor any other external website; it is not sufficient to send only a resume. Resumes and cover letters as well as unofficial transcripts should be uploaded with the application. Application review begins August 15, 2019. Finalists will participate in onsite interviews and skill assessments on September 24-25, 2019 in Onslow County. Applicants are encouraged to hold these dates should they be invited to participate. All inquiries should be emailed to email@example.com. Onslow County is an Equal Opportunity Employer.Developmental Associates, LLC is managing the recruitment and selection process for this position.