Alliance Staffing Job
Homeless Services Coordinator
Greensboro, NC (Guilford County)
NCAPHA IS ACTIVELY RECRUITING FOR A CONTRACT POSITION TO WORK WITH THE GUILFORD COUNTY HEALTH DEPT.
SupervisedBy:Community Health Services Program Manager
The work of this position is in the following primary program area:
Guilford County Continuum of Care (CoC)/GuilfordCounty Public Health Department Isolation and Quarantine Hotel:
· Serves as liaison of supportive services between Guilford County homeless shelter system,Guilford County Public Health Department and homeless clients.
· Facilitates intake and outtake processes for homeless clients at the quarantine hotel site.
· Works closely with Coordinated Entry (CE) team and homeless individuals to assist in completing the Service Prioritization Decision Assistance Tool (VI-SPDAT), provide supportive services and coordinate appropriate referrals.
· Connects supportive services in accordance with shelter program guidelines and requirements.
· Conducts daily rounds of client assessment points for CEteam.
· Lin ks individuals with appropriate services, arranges emergency and long-term placements,and provides crisis interventions as needed.
· Ensures eligibility criteria for services are met.
· Evaluates effectiveness and satisfaction in following service recommendations.
· Assures the accuracy, completeness and confidentiality of records.
· Maintains current,accurate and comprehensive information in each record to include all activities, contacts and communications on behalf of individual served.
· Maintains administrative records.
· Maintains all records required for the completion of monthly reports.
· Retains knowledge and develops expertise in the area of homelessness and the community resources to help this population. Attends community meetings regarding housing and other service issues for homeless individuals and families.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily and be able to work in traditional,non-traditional,and mobile working environments.This may include evening and weekend hours. The requirements listed are representative of the basic knowledge, skills,and/or abilities required.
Two 2 years of experience in relevan tfield desired.Strong intrapersonal and relational skills recommended.Knowledge of nonprofits,electronic data collection and case management desired. Strong attention to detail, excellent organizational skills, proactive problem solving, strong follow up,and the ability to work on multiple projects at the same time.Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel are essential. Experience in working with databases preferred.
Must have the ability to travel locally and work well with others.
Apply online at: www.ncapha.org