Alliance Staffing Job
Housing Case Manager
Robeson, NC (Robeson County)
NCAPHA is actively recruiting for Housing Case Manager position placed at the Robeson County Health Department.
The Housing Case Manager provides services to individuals with HIV/AIDS with the goal of stabilizing health, housing.
SALARY: $41,500 Annually
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Actively participate in community-based programs and other activities that support HIV care, prevention efforts and expansion of services for people experiencing homelessness, especially in minority communities.
- Document client contacts as required by funding sources. Maintain accurate records and prepare statistical reports in an accurate and timely manner.
- Develop and maintain knowledge of HIV/AIDS related conditions and treatment and use knowledge to educate clients and people in their support systems.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with medical providers, mental health and chemical dependency providers, and other social service providers. Facilitate referrals for such services when necessary and appropriate.
- Develop and maintain a thorough knowledge of eligibility and benefit provisions for public and private financial assistance and health care coverage programs. Assist clients to enroll in appropriate programs.
- Educate clients in the concept of harm reduction when necessary and appropriate.
- Model and maintain appropriate professional boundaries at all times with all clients.
- Completes other duties as assigned by supervisor.
· Bachelor's degree in social work, sociology, public health, psychology, or some other human services or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Experience with the provision of coordination services to patients from underserved populations with barriers to accessing and maintaining medical care.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
· Must have excellent interpersonal skills and ability to interact with region personnel in various settings.
· Knowledge of HIV/AIDS disease and/or experience working with people living with HIV. (Preferred but not required)
· Strong familiarity of regional HIV services and regional community agencies.
· Familiarity with cultural issues in diverse, underserved populations. Demonstrates belief in the dignity of all persons. Ability to demonstrate cultural competency and understanding of the structural barriers impacting health outcomes
· Must have a valid North Carolina driver's license and auto insurance coverage.
· Bilingual in Spanish (preferred but not required).
· Ability to maintain professional boundaries.
WORK SCHEDULE AND ENVIRONMENT
· This position will work under the administrative guidance of the Housing Director. Position will be located within the TBRA office however, will make home visits to client’s homes. The employee will be required to drive to client residences. This position must be willing to flex work hours to address the possibility of meeting a client during the evening or weekend. Professional attire is expected.
Position will be housed in Cumberland County.
ALL APPLICANTS ARE ASKED TO APPLY ONLINE AT: