Alliance Staffing Job
Human Resources Specialist
Raleigh, NC (Wake County)
Public Health Associations of NC
Job Title: HR Specialist
Employee Type: Full-Time (Non-Exempt)
Reports to: HR Director
SALARY RANGE: $22 - $25 /hour
HR SPECIALIST POSTING
We are looking for an HR Specialist to undertake a wide range of support activities inside our HR and Payroll departments, from coordinating employee interviews to maintaining our employee database to assisting with payroll. An important part of your role will be to act as the liaison between HR and PR and candidates and employees, ensuring smooth communication and prompt resolution of requests and questions.
Qualifications and skills we’re looking for include excellent organization ability, familiarity with HR software: ADP Workforce Now preferred and strong communication skills. To be an ideal candidate for the HR Specialist position, you should hold an HR or business-related degree and have 3-5 years related experience. You should be able to work autonomously and remain calm under pressure. Following our training sessions, you’ll be able to assist the HR Director in the whole recruitment lifecycle (e.g., onboarding new hires and candidate sourcing). In addition, you’ll work closely with the payroll team preparing for our semi-monthly payroll which will include: time and attendance, payroll and invoicing. Ultimately, you’ll ensure our HR department is organized and operates smoothly to attract, hire and retain our employees.
- Assist with day-to- day operations of the HR/Payroll functions and duties
- Provide administrative support to NCAPHA staff
- Compile and update employee records (hard and soft copies)
- Process documentation and prepare reports relating to personnel activities (staffing, recruitment, benefits, employee relations, etc.)
- Coordinate HR projects (meetings, training, surveys etc.)
- Deal with employee requests regarding human resources issues, rules, and regulations
- Assist in payroll preparation by providing relevant data (absences/PTO, bonus, leaves, salary increases etc.)
- Properly handle complaints and grievance procedures
- Coordinate communication with candidates, distribute/process new hire documents
- Conduct initial online onboarding/orientation to newly hired employees
- Proven experience as an HR Specialist, or relevant HR position
- Must be proficient in the use of business software, specifically MS Word, Excel, and Power Point.
- Hands-on experience with an HRIS or HRMS, ADP Workforce Now strongly preferred
- Must have a solid foundation in the application of federal and state laws and regulations.
- Excellent customer service and strong communication skills are required.
- Must be detail oriented and comfortable in a multitasking environment and able to adjust priorities as the situation dictates.
- Must be able to maintain a positive professional image and be sensitive in handling and maintaining confidential information.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field
-Regular work hours are Monday-Friday 9:00 AM-5:00 PM with 30 minutes hour for lunch. This work schedule is flexible dependent on a variety of considerations for after-hour events, meetings and other atypical demands.
Qualified candidates apply at: