Alliance Staffing Job
Medical Office Aassistant (MOA)
Franklin, NC (Macon County)
Position: Medical Office Assistant (Customer Service Representative)
Macon County Public Health
Employer: Alliance Staffing
Location: Franklin, NC
Salary: $15.00 per hour
Closing date: Until Filled.
Employees in this position must have excellent keyboard skills; be proficient in Word and Excel; and, be capable of handling financial transactions with the general public. Knowledge and experience with HIS and/or Patagonia is a plus. General duties include filing, typing, processing paperwork, verifying income and residency documentation, phone skills, data entry, and working with clinic patients. Must have organizational skills and must be flexible and able to prioritize workloads and requests. This clerical position requires good communication skills and ability to work with people with courtesy and tact, as direct patient contact is a requirement. Must have ability to screen communications based on predetermined guidelines to independently respond to route inquiries. Must have ability to compile information based on general guidelines. Some lifting will be required. General work hours are Monday through Friday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. with some early morning or occasional evening and/or weekend work required to meet the public health needs of the community.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
· Some knowledge of common health and safety precautions in working in local health departments.
· Ability to work with staff and patients, under supervision, as set up by departmental policies.
· Ability to maintain clerical records and to compile reports from these records.
· Ability to use sound judgment and empathy in dealing with patients.
· Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
· Some knowledge of medical terminology and EMR’s.
Minimum Training and Experience Requirements
- Graduation from high school and demonstrated possession of knowledges, skills and abilities gained through at least one year of office assistant/secretarial experience; or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Bilingual (Spanish) preferred
How to apply: Qualified candidates should apply at www.ncapha.org