Position: Nutritionist III 118000903
Job Type: Full-Time
Department: Public Health
Opening Date: 5/27/2022
Closing Date: Continuous
The primary purpose of this position is to coordinate and supervise the Cumberland County WIC Program Breastfeeding Peer Counselor Program. The person in this position will also provide more extensive nutrition assessments, counseling, and follow-up for high-risk prenatal, post- partum women, infants and children being served by the Women, Infants and Children Program (WIC). This position performs supervisory work in program coordination, planning, policy development, and training.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The duties for this position include, but are not limited to:
• Develop and manage breastfeeding policies for the local agency's Breastfeeding Peer Counselor (BFPC) Program.
• Provide supervision and guidance over the BFPC Program.
• Act on all referrals from the BFPC regarding complex breastfeeding situations beyond their scope of practice and makes referrals out as necessary.
• Perform outreach activities as assigned/requested to foster community awareness and collaboration.
• Perform program coordination, planning, policy development and training.
• Use program guidance and professional knowledge, assess the medical/nutritional status of high-risk program applicants
• Based on identified problem areas and needs, provide appropriate nutrition education counseling, documentation, and follow-ups
• Provide initial and on-going, in-depth nutrition screenings of low-risk and high-risk patients/participants • Develop nutritional care plans to assist in the nutritional management of high-risk, complex, medical conditions.
Registered Dietitian with the Commission on Accreditation for Dietetics Education with a Master's degree in Dietetics, Public Health Nutrition or Nutrition from an accredited college or university and one year experience or Registered Dietitian with the Commission on Accreditation for Dietetics Education and two years nutrition experience
Degrees must be received from appropriately accredited universities.
Cumberland County offers a generous benefit plan including a Government Retirement Plan, 12 paid holidays per year and an Employee Wellness Center Clinic.
To learn more about this employment opportunity and to apply, please visit our careers page at https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/cumberlandcountync