Alliance Staffing Job
P/T Associate PH Nurse - Case Investigator
Monroe, NC (Union County)
NCAPHA IS ACTIVELY RECRUITING FOR CONTRACT POSITION TO BE PLACED AT THE UNION COUNTY HEALTH DEPT IN MONROE, NC
ASSOCIATE PUBLIC HEALTH NURSE PT- Case Investigator
The Case Investigator will be responsible for contacting North Carolinians confirmed with COVID-19 infection to provide education regarding the recommendation to self-isolate, assess their ability to safely comply with the recommended control measures, and to elicit information on close contacts who need to be notified of their exposure. The Case Investigator will work under the supervision of a Union County Communicable Disease nurse after completing a training on COVID-19 case investigation.
- Follow the set protocol for contacting assigned newly diagnosed COVID-19 case patients and document all contact attempts and timeframes in a timely manner.
- If unable to reach case patient after set number of required phone calls/texts/emails have been made, ensure that information is emailed or mailed to the individual
- Make sure all case patients are given the contact information for their local health department
- Use a scripted template to guide the interview process and assure all required questions are asked, education given, and interaction is conducted with professionalism and empathy to encourage forthrightness.
- Explain the importance of adherence to control measures and the need for contact tracing to prevent disease transmission and keep communities healthy and ensure all follow up questions are answered.
- Complete data entry for case interview and elicited close contacts into the designated system immediately after obtaining. This will ensure the contact tracers can initiate the notification process of all close contacts as soon as possible.
- Provide resources to clients based on individual needs
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to exhibit a professional and positive attitude and a good work ethic
- Ability to prioritize workload, set and meet deadlines
- Ability to follow directions given by assigned PH nurse to ensure the needs of the program are being met.
- Exhibit excellent interpersonal skills required and ability to interact professionally with culturally diverse populations
- Ability to think critically and use good judgement in all decision making
- Fluency in languages other than English is a PLUS
- Ability to show empathy to distressed individuals
- Proficiency with computers
Education and Experience:
Bachelor's Degree in Nursing which includes a Public Health Nursing rotation and one (1) year of nursing experience; or Graduation from a school of professional nursing and three (2) years of professional nursing experience including one (1) year of Public Health nursing, School Health or case management experience or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
Licenses or Certifications:
Licensed to practice as a Registered Nurse in North Carolina by the North Carolina Board of Nursing.
Must provide proof of CDC recommended vaccines, or proof of immunity, for Healthcare Workers prior to start of employment.
QUALIFIED CANDIDATES APPLY ONLINE AT: WWW.NCAPHA.ORG
[Be sure to indicate this position on application]