Alliance Staffing Job
P/T Public Health Nurse
Lenior, NC (Caldwell County)
NCAPHA IS ACTIVELY RECRUITING FOR A CONTRACT P/T PUBLIC HEALTH NURSE TO BE PLACED AT THE CALDWELL COUNTY HEALTH DEPT. IN LENOIR, NC
POSITION: PUBLIC HEALTH NURSE I CHILD HEALTH- COVID-19 PART-TIME
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES:
This position provides clinical and educational public health nursing services for the community COVID-19 prevention testing program.
Public Health is a first responder agency for natural disasters (e.g. hurricanes, tornadoes, floods, winter storms), naturally occurring infectious disease outbreaks (e.g. influenza, SARS), technological hazards (hazardous materials releases, critical infrastructure disruptions), and terrorist incidents. This position, will be required to participate in any emergency response activities as deemed necessary by the Health Director or his/her designee. Availability during emergencies and exercises is required. Appropriate JCS courses will be completed as assigned for position.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES PERFORMED:
• COVID-19 testing
• Measures and records vital signs
• Counsels patients regarding appropriate care and prevention for disease and explains doctor's orders and encourages follow-up care as indicated; refers patients to appropriate resources
• Refers patients as appropriate to health department clinic or private M.D. for evaluation and treatment as indicated
• Administers prescribed medication to patients per established protocol; monitors patients on public health medications, observing and teaching patients the signs and symptoms of side effects and adverse reactions
• Administers vaccines to patients
• Triage clients based on established protocol; acts as team member in follow-up procedures for communicable diseases such as whooping cough, tuberculosis, or hepatitis, as indicated by public health law and agency policies
• Practices Public Health Nursing in accordance with the Nurse Practice Act and policies; properly documents all actions; maintains confidentiality in all matters of patient record
• Requests blood tests according to health department protocol
• Assures program addenda deliverables are met as required
• Attend and participate in team conferences as appropriate
Knowledge and skill in the application of nursing theory, practices, principles and techniques employed in the field of public health and related programs. Knowledge of the available resources and organizations and the ability to coordinate these as related to public health. Must have initiative and demonstrate the ability to work with limited supervision. Maintains effective working relationship with others.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Graduation from a school of professional nursing and two years of professional nursing experience including one year of Public Health Nursing experience; or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
A current license to practice as a Registered Nurse in North Carolina by the N.C. Board of Nursing.
Current North Carolina Driver's License
QUALIFIED CANDIDATES APPLY AT: WWW.NCAPHA.ORG
[Indicate this position on your application!]