Alliance Staffing Job
Part-Time Regional Infection Prevention Team Consultant
Alleghany, Ashe, or Watauga Counties, NC (Appalachian District Health Department County)
Appalachian District Health Department
Caring for our Community
Position Available: Part-Time Regional Infection Prevention Team Consultant
This position is available through our temporary staffing agency, NC Alliance for
Public Health Agencies. It is time-limited through 5/31/2024 with opportunity to
Location: Remote-work position with 2-3 days in the field.
Regional travel required, (with focus on Alleghany, Ashe, Watauga, & Wilkes) so
must be based in one of the ten counties the position serves: Alleghany, Ashe,
Forsyth, Davidson, Davie, Stokes, Surry, Watauga, Wilkes, or Yadkin
Salary Range: $22/hr
Hours: The hours for this position are generally 20 hours per week between the hours of 7:00am and 6:00pm with advance planning for evenings and weekends.
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Job Description: This position will serve as a part-time regional consultant for infection prevention in long term care facilities across the district region of: Alleghany, Ashe, Davie, Davidson, Forsyth, Surry, Stokes, Watauga, Wilkes, and Yadkin counties. The position will primarily focus on our mountain counties
(Alleghany, Ashe, Watauga, & Wilkes), but will need to be available to provide assistance to other counties in the region. The position will collaborate closely with public health leaders and staff across the region as well as community partners in long term care settings to provide education and resources to achieve health outcomes.
The regional leadership team envisions development of a team with diverse skill sets.
Nature of Work: This position will work with long-term care facilities to 1) review infection prevention practices, 2) conduct infection prevention education to staff in these settings, 3) provide infection prevention guidance to these settings, 4) develop and/or revise tools to assist in the assessment and promotion of infection prevention compliance, 5) assist in the investigation, control, education, prevention and care activities to reduce morbidity and mortality associated with COVID-19 and other infectious illnesses, and 6) work in coordination
with the NC Division of Public Health and the NC Statewide Program for Infection Control and Epidemiology (NC SPICE) to address identified infection prevention and control gaps. This may require weekend and after-hours work and in-state travel.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of and experience in infection prevention principles and outbreak management of communicable diseases.
- Ability to apply infection prevention principles and knowledge in new settings.
- Ability to organize, develop and conduct formal training programs.
- Ability to manage, anticipate, recognize and respond to complex situations to include conflict resolution, decision-making and prioritizing.
- · Ability to coordinate and collaborate with patients, staff and outside agencies.
- Ability to effectively communicate with and provide consultation to nursing and medical staff, patients and families, professional colleagues, State/Federal partners, and the general public.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with colleagues, external partners, and the general public.
AppHealthCare recruits team members who share our values of Integrity, Drive, Resilience, Service, and Community.
Minimum Training Requirements and Experience:
Consultant –Prevention Consultant Graduation from a four-year college or university in a human service field including public health, health promotion, social work, or public administration. Prior experience in human service delivery preferred.
APPLICATION PROCESS: Please submit a Resume and Cover Letter to:
An Equal Opportunity Employer