Alliance Staffing Job
PH Nurse ll
Brevard, NC (Transylvania County)
NCAPHA is actively recruiting for 2 contract PH Nurses II to be placed at the Transylvania County Health Dept. in Brevard, NC
COVID 19 Response Public Health Nurse II
Transylvania Public Health is accepting applications for two (2) full-time Public Health Nurse II- COVID 19 Response Project position. This position is time-limited and will be funded at least through June 2022. The primary purpose of this role is to coordinate and provide COVID 19 vaccinations to clients at Transylvania Public Health, coordinating health department contact tracing and managing community testing initiatives. The schedule is typically Monday through Friday, 8:30am-5:00pm. Alternate or additional hours (including weekends and holidays) may be required to meet department, public health response, or client needs.
· Provide COVID 19 vaccinations to clients at Transylvania Public Health and off site clinics
· Coordinate Health Deapartment contract tracing and managing community testing iniatives
· Track and assess vaccine supply
· Assess clients and administer vaccines at vaccine clinics
· Enter data into the North Carolina COVID 19 Vaccine Management System (CVMS)
· Monitor for and report trends, clusters/outbreaks, and breakthrough vaccine cases
· Responsible for collecting PCR tests and Rapid tests and for executing rapid tests
· Responsible for adding cases to line list and in and in North Carolina Electronic Disease Surveillance System (NCEDSS) and assigning to COVID-19 Community Team Outreach (CCTO) for case investigation via the escalation list
Knowledge’s, Skills and Abilities:
Employee must possess considerable knowledge of nursing theory, principles, and practices of public health. Must have knowledge of available resources and organizations and the ability to coordinate these as needed. Must be able to deal tactfully with others and exercise good judgment in assessing situations and making decisions. Must have a general knowledge of social and economic problems relating to school health and public health, including health disparities. Must have the ability to work with considerable independence to self-plan work.
Required Minimum Training:
Graduation from a four-year university or college with a Bachelor of Science Degree in Nursing that includes a Public Health rotation and one year of Public Health Nursing experience; or graduation from an accredited school of professional nursing and two years of professional nursing experience including one year in public health or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
License or Certification Required by Statute or Regulation:
Licensed to practice as a registered nurse by the NC Board of Nursing
Current NC Driver’s License
QUALIFIED CANDIDATES APPLY AT:
[Be sure to indicate this position on your application.]