Public Health Educator I 118001103
NCAPHA IS ACTIVELY RECRUITING FOR A PUBLIC HEALTH EDUCATOR I TO BE PLACED AT THE CUMBERLAND COUNTY HEALTH DEPT.
Job Type: Full-Time
Department: Public Health
The Public Health Educator plans, implements and provides some administrative work for the Health Education Division, as well as health education services directly to the citizens of Cumberland County.
This position implements evidence-based programs, represents the Cumberland County at community partnership meetings, and/or health fairs or other community engagement activities including but not limited to educational visual exhibits, workshops, and displaying posters.
This position is vital in collecting health and community data to be used in planning public health and public health educational programs.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Duties for this position include, but are not limited to:
• Plan and/or prepare presentations with fidelity to curriculum or model or health education program topics.
• Identify educational needs, initiate community problem-solving, design, recommend and implement health education and prevention strategies.
• Complete training in selected evidence-based health promotion programming.
• Recruit and retain participants for prevention and health promotion programs using both the Cumberland County Department of Public Health clinic and other community partners for resources.
• Train community partners in health education programs as appropriate.
• Coordinate community health education programs with Public Health Department's treatment services.
• Serve as a resource person to school nurses, health and physical education teachers, vocational education teachers and guidance counselors.
• Analyze national, state and local data; assist in the composition of the Community Health Assessment (CHA), State of the County Health (SOTCH), and Community Action Plans (CAP) for submission to the community, Board of Health and NC DHHS.
Graduation from a four-year college or university with a major in health education; or graduation from a four-year college or university and completion of one year of on-the-job training as a public health educator.
Degrees must be received from appropriately accredited universities.
Cumberland County offers a generous benefit plan including a Government Retirement Plan, 12 paid holidays per year and an Employee Wellness Center Clinic.
To learn more about this employment opportunity and to apply, please visit our careers page at https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/cumberlandcountync
QUALIFIED CANDIDATES APPLY AT: www.ncapha.org/employment_center
(please indicate this position on the application)