Public Health Educator II – Child Care Health Consultant 118003213
NCAPHA IS ACTIVELY RERUITING FOR A PUBLIC HEALTH EDUCATOR II – CHILD CARE HEALTH CONSULTANT TO BE PLACED AT THE CUMBERLAND COUNTY HEALTH DEPT.
Job Type: Full-Time
Department: Public Health
The Child Care Health Consultant (CCHC) position is a community-based position that works with early care and education (childcare) administrators, facility owners, educators, health care professionals, and families to ensure optimal health for young children and to reduce the children’s risk of illness and harm. CCHCs offer technical assistance through collaborative consultation, coaching, training, and advocacy.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Duties for this position include, but are not limited to:
- Work collaboratively with childcare facilities to assess, plan, implement, and evaluation strategies to achieve high quality, safe childcare environments.
- Guide early care and education programs to meeting childcare requirements and achieve best practice standards.
- Provide consultation for facilities to complete medical plans for children with special health care needs.
- Establish and maintain on-going working relationships with other professionals offering technical assistance to early care and education settings.
- Act as a liaison to local health professionals and community service agencies by offering health education, community information, and referral resources to facilities and families.
- Provide education and support regarding health, safety, and nutrition to families who children are enrolled in childcare settings.
- Advocate for young children by actively serving on and coordinating with local, regional, and statewide committees that support healthy growth and development of children.
- Participate in on-going professional development offered by the NC Child Care Health and Safety Resource Center and the NC CCHC Association.
A master’s degree in public health education or in public health with a major in public health education; or graduation from a four-year college or university with a major in health education and two years’ experience in public health education or a related field; or graduation from a four-year college or university and three years’ experience in public health education; or an equivalent combination of training and experience
The health professional becomes a qualified CCHC in North Carolina upon successful completion of the NC Child Care Health Consultant Training Course and receipt of a certificate of qualification. The course is facilitated by the NC Child Care Health and Safety Resource Center: www.healthychildcarenc.org. The 6-month training course includes web-based distance learning, two on-site training sessions in the Raleigh area, and a final project.
Degrees must be received from appropriately accredited universities.
Cumberland County offers a generous benefit plan including a Government Retirement Plan, 12 paid holidays per year and an Employee Wellness Center Clinic.
To learn more about this employment opportunity and to apply, please visit our careers page at https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/cumberlandcountync
QUALIFIED CANDIDATES APPLY AT: www.ncapha.org/employment_center
(please indicate this position on the application)