Alliance Staffing Job
Public Health Nurse II
Yadkinville, NC (Yadkin County)
public health nurse ii
Human Services Agency
Hiring Salary Range: $54861-82292
Pay Grade: 74, fulltime, Exempt
Work Schedule/Requirements: Generally Monday-Friday 8am-5pm. Occasional evening and weekend work is required.
Primary job function and duties:
This is intermediate level professional nursing work in providing primary, preventive, and rehabilitative care to individuals and families in Public Health programs. Employees independently demonstrate and implement techniques of nursing care and counsel for promotion of health and prevention of disease. This work is done through a combination of direct clinical care and public health program implementation and oversight. Responsibilities include directing the work done within programs and advising other staff about program rules and guidelines. Includes assisting in policy development and revision. Employees will be expected to assist in data collection, review, and reporting in any project/program that they are associated with. Employee will act as case managers, ensuring continuity of care through making referrals to medical facilities, social services agencies, etc. when needed and agreed upon by the patient or family. Will participate in the quality assurance/evaluation program of the clinic. Utilizes a web-based electronic medical records system. Other duties as assigned.
Supervised by: Nursing Supervisor
· Graduation from an accredited nursing program and two years of professional nursing experience including one year of Public Health Nursing experience
· A current license to practice as a Registered Nurse in North Carolina by the N. C. Board of Nursing.
· Considerable knowledge of, and skill in, the application of nursing theory, practice, principles, and techniques employed in the field of public health and related programs; of and ability to apply the principles and practices of public health
· General knowledge of current social and economic problems relating to public health, including health disparities; available resources and organizations and the ability to coordinate these as needed.
· Ability to record accurately services rendered and to interpret and explain records, reports, and medical instructions
o CPR and AED trainings required within 90 days of hire
· Adequate computer skills to allow communication, patient record documentation, and accessing of information
· Physical demands: Standing (45% of time); walking (45%); Sitting (10%); lifting, 40-50 lbs; carrying, 20 lbs; pushing, <200 lbs; pulling, 45-50 lbs; pushing with assist, >200 lbs; climbing; stooping; balancing; kneeling. Potential environmental exposures: radiation, chemicals, infectious agents, fluid, needle/syringes, waste handling, airborne pathogens. Sight requirements: acuity, near and far; depth perception; color vision; field of vision. Hearing requirements: ordinary conversation (constantly) and other sounds (frequently).
· Graduation from a four-year college or university with a B.S. in Nursing which includes a Public Health Nursing rotation and one year of Public Health Nursing experience; or Master’s in Public Health and graduation from an accredited nursing program and one year of professional nursing experience;
Special Notes Concerning This Position:
· Individuals employed in a local Health Department without a B.S. Degree which includes a Public Health Nursing rotation or a Master’s in Public Health, will be required to complete the “Credential Public Health Nursing Course” within one year of employment.
· A background check, drug screen and motor vehicle report will be required prior to hire.
o Dispensing of Drugs by Public Health Nurses
o Family Planning Title X trainings
o ICS 100, 200, 700, and 800
o Communicable Disease Trainings
§ Introduction to Communicable Disease Surveillance and Investigation in NC
§ NC EDSS Training(s)
§ Introduction to Tuberculosis
· The duties of this position may also include assistance with sheltering operations and working medical counter measure events during natural disasters and public health emergencies.
ALL APPLICANTS ARE ASKED TO APPLY ONLINE AT: