Public Health Nurse II – School Health Nurse
NCAPHA IS ACTIVELY RERUITING FOR A PUBLIC HEALTH NURSE II – SCHOOL HEALTH NURSE TO BE PLACED AT THE CUMBERLAND COUNTY HEALTH DEPT.
Salary: *$39,286.05 - $43,214.66
Job Type: Part-Time
Department: Public Health
*Starting salary will determined by the applicant’s years of relevant nursing experience. The current Nurse Experience Hiring Plan has built in progression through the range of the salary grade.
****We are accepting Work Against applicants for this position****
This is a 10 month, 35 hours per week professional nursing position that provides primary, secondary and rehabilitative care to students in public schools, home and communities. This nurse practices independently and demonstrated autonomous decision-making skills. The primary purpose is to promote health and prevent disease in the school, home and community. This position serves to manage, consult, develop, execute and evaluate plans that impact student health.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The employee in this Public Health Nurse position will:
• Plan and manage the school health program in the schools assigned including the establishment and the evaluation component of school health services policies and procedures
• Provide assessment, planning and evaluation of the health services component of the school health program
• Provide or arrange for routine health assessments
• Assure mandated health related activities are completed
• Serve as coordinator of the health services program and provide nursing care
• Provide health education to students, staff and parents
• Manage the student health record
• Serve as liaison between student, parent, school personnel, physicians, hospitals and the Exceptional Children's Program as it relates to health issues and student health care plans
This position may require the nurse to provide contraception methods subject to appropriate training and staffing cross-coverage needs.
Graduation from a four-year college or university with a B.S. in Nursing which includes a Public Health Nursing rotation and one year of Public Health Nursing experience
Master's in Public Health and graduation from a school of professional nursing and one year of professional nursing experience
graduation from a school of professional nursing and two years of professional nursing experience including one year of Public Health Nursing experience; or an equivalent combination of training and experience. Necessary Special Qualifications - A current license to practice as a Registered Nurse in North Carolina by the North Carolina Board of Nursing.
Degrees must be received from appropriately accredited universities. Cumberland County offers a generous benefit plan including a Government Retirement Plan, 12 paid holidays per year and an Employee Wellness Center Clinic.
To learn more about this employment opportunity and to apply, please visit our careers page at https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/cumberlandcountync
QUALIFIED CANDIDATES APPLY AT: www.ncapha.org/employment_center
(please indicate this position on the application)