Alliance Staffing Job
Public Health Nurse School Health Liaison
Washington, NC (Beaufort County)
NCAPHA IS ACTIVELY RECRUITING FOR A F/T CONTRACT PUBLIC HEALTH NURSE SCHOOL HEALTH LIAISON
Job location: Beaufort County Health Dept., Washington, NC
PUBLIC HEALTH NURSE SCHOOL HEALTH LIAISON
Description of Work The primary purpose of this position is for the coordination of COVID-19 screening, testing, and vaccine administration efforts in schools, and to coordinate other school health/public health services.
This position will work in collaboration with the school health nurses. Duties include but are not limited to: • Serve as the Beaufort County Health Department liaison for the School Health Nursing Program in all LEAs and schools in Beaufort County. • Coordinate shared activities related to COVID-19 testing programs in schools and related response to test results and mitigation efforts. • Coordinate investigation and/or follow-up of other reportable communicable disease events with School Health Nurse lead, Beaufort County Health Department Director of Nursing, and Communicable Disease Nurse. • Participate in procedure development for response to communicable disease outbreaks in schools. • Coordinate local media response in conjunction with school administration regarding communicable disease events and efforts in K-12 schools. • Provide Vaccine Information Statements (VIS) to schools and encourage on-site clinic opportunities. • Coordinate vaccine, medical supplies, and documentation supplies as needed for clinics when scheduled. • Assure completion of administration processes related to vaccines. • Coordinate the availability of OSHA-required vaccines for identified school staff.
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements Graduation from a four-year college or university with a B.S. in Nursing which includes a Public Health Nursing rotation and one year of Public Health Nursing experience; or Master’s in Public Health and graduation from a school of professional nursing and one year of professional nursing experience; or graduation from a school of professional nursing and two years of professional nursing experience including one year of Public Health Nursing experience; or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
License Requirement • A current license to practice as a Registered Nurse in North Carolina. • Valid, unrestricted NC driver’s license. Personal vehicle available for work use.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
• Considerable knowledge of, and skill in, the application of nursing theory, practice, principles, and techniques employed in the field of public health and related programs. • Considerable knowledge of and ability to apply the principles and practices of public health. • Knowledge of available resources and organizations and the ability to coordinate these as needed. • Knowledge to perform BinaxNOW COVID-19 Ag Card for diagnostic testing purposes, and the ability to educate students, caregivers, and faculty on results. • General knowledge of current social and economic problems relating to public health, including health disparities; ability to plan, coordinate, and oversee the work of others. • Ability to deal tactfully with others and to exercise good judgment in appraising situations and making decisions. • Ability to work in partnership with patients and with other service providers to elicit needed information and to maintain effective working relationships. • Ability to record accurately services rendered and to interpret and explain records, reports, and medical instructions; adequate computer skills to allow communication, patient record documentation, and accessing of information
Opening Date August 17, 2021
Closing Date Open Until Filled
Hiring Salary $35/Hour Benefits
This is a contract, grant funded position hired through the North Carolina Alliance of Public Health Agencies.
• $650/month medical stipend for health insurance
• Paid time off (Accrue 8 hours per month)
• Paid sick leave (Accrue 8 hours per month)
• Paid holidays Position Number Contract Hours of Work Monday-Friday 8am-5pm
Qualified candidates must apply online at www.ncapha.org /employment_ce nter Pre-employment drug screening, background check, driving record, and/or credit check will be required as a pre-condition of employment.