Alliance Staffing Job
Public Health School Health Liaison
Roxboro, NC (Person County)
NCAPHA IS ACTIVELY RECRUITING FOR A SCHOOL HEALTH LIAISON TO BE PLACED AT THE PERSON COUNTY HEALTH DEPT. IN ROXBORO, NC
TITLE: School Health Liaison
The primary purpose of the Person County Health Department is to provide public health services that allow for the promotion of optimal health and well being of the citizens of Person County. The focus of service is health promotion and disease prevention for all.
B. Primary Purpose of Position:
The School Health Liaison participates as a member of the healthcare team by providing coordination efforts for COVID-19 screening, testing, and vaccine clinics as well as case investigation and contact tracing. This position will also provide assistance to administration staff in regards to COVID-19 services and general office duties. This position will liaise with all school types within the jurisdiction of the LHD.
The School Health Liaison is expected to:
1) Conduct COVID-19 case investigation and contact tracing as needed.
2) Coordinate COVID-19 screening and testing efforts as needed.
3) Provide assistance with coordination of vaccine clinics.
4) Data entry documentation related to COVID-19 vaccines.
5) Assist with billing efforts related to COVID-19 testing and/or vaccines.
6) Responsible for disseminating incoming data and test results related to COVID-19.
7) Provide information to the State related to COVID-19 clusters and/or outbreaks.
8) Responsible for and/or assist with COVID-19 guidance and education regarding clusters and/or outbreaks in schools, long term care facilities and congregate living facilities.
C. Work Schedule:
Regular work hours are Monday – Friday 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. with 1 hour for lunch. Lunch hour may be rotated for agency coverage. Some after-hours work may be required, especially if clinics run over or if occasions arise that the Personal Health Nursing Supervisor and/or Health Director need assistance such as during emergency response call back. On occasion, travel for training programs and conferences may be required. Community engagement activities may occur occasionally on weekends or after regular operating hours.
The employee is subject to be called upon anytime to help the agency respond to a public health emergency. Public Health is a first responder aency for natural disasters (e.g., hurricanes, tonadoes, floods, winter storms), naturally occurring infectious disease outbreaks (e.g., influenza, SARS) technological hazards (hazardous material releases, critical infrastructure disruptions) and terrorist incidents. This position, like all other positions within the department may be required to participate in any emergency response activities as deemed necessary by the Health Director or designee. Availability during emergencies and exercises is required.
Description of Responsibilities and Duties:
Public Health School Health Liaison
Operations are usually driven by guidance received within a contract addenda provided by North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services, guidance from Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, and agency based guidelines.
Receive incoming data such as faxes and/or e-mails for review of COVID-19 case information.
Fax and/or e-mail COVID-19 case information or vaccine information to outside agencies.
Review the workflow for COVID-19 cases throughout the day. Review all workflow data for accuracy.
Investigate COVID-19 positive cases following appropriate and up to date guidance.
Maintain case logs of positive COVID-19 cases for all schools, long term care facilities, and congregate living facilities.
Closely communicate with all schools, long-term care facilities, and congregate living facilities regarding COVID-19.
Coordinate home visits for COVID-19 vaccines.
Receive phone calls regarding COVID-19 and provide guidance and education following appropriate and up to date guidance.
Provide outbreak and cluster information to the State.
Coordinate vaccine clinic efforts with Nursing Supervisor and/or designated staff member.
Date entry COVID-19 vaccine information into the appropriate data base.
Assist with vaccine inventory maintenance.
Assist with any troubleshooting of vaccine inventory discrepancy.
Responsible for maintaining inventory of required paperwork related to vaccine clinics.
Maintains electronic calendar for day-to-day task management.
Operations will require work within outreach settings such as schools and community clinic settings.
Knowledge, Abilities, & Skills:
• Significant knowledge of importance of and the ability to maintain effective appropriate working relationships with all parties/partners/ and program stakeholders.
• Significant knowledge of and ability to use correct grammar, vocabulary, spelling and office terminology to compose and/or proofread correspondence, reports and other materials.
• Ability to express ideas clearly and concisely to professional and public audiences.
• Ability to plan and execute work effectively, in a timely manner, and to completion.
• Ability to utilize various electronic data systems and maintain confidentiality according to privacy laws.
• Ability to evaluate records for accurate and appropriate documentation.
• Ability to exercise good judgement and discretion.
• Ability to independently work with people with courtesy and tact in performing public contact duties that may be sensitive in nature.
• Ability to utilize strong functional coping skills to mitigate stress.
• Strong communication skills.
• Relationship/Building trust skills
o Interacting with others in a way that gives them confidence in one’s intentions and those of the organization.
Required Minimum Training:
• Graduation from high school.
• Previous public health or community engagement experience/knowledge.
• Previous knowledge of electronic health records.
• Experience with office equipment such as but not limited to computer, fax, scanner.
• Previous experience in a medical office is a plus
Qualified Candidates apply at: https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=8051017b-5cd0-4bd7-9972-7dc8ffcf752e&jobId=33312&lang=en_US&source=CC788055