Alliance Staffing Job
Vaccine Coordinator (5)
Raleigh, NC (Throughout NC County)
NCAPHA IS ACTIVELY RECRUITING FOR 5 FULL-TIME COVID VACCINE COORDINATORS TO BE PLACED AT HEALTH DEPTS THROUGHOUT NC
Job Title: Vaccine Coordinator
Reports To: Vaccine Program Administrator
Community Care of North Carolina is looking for a results-driven Vaccine Coordinator to help support state and local health department vaccine efforts. The ideal candidate should have experience organizing work groups, mentoring subordinate staff, monitoring work performance progress, and ensuring process performance standards are being met. Working with local health departments to ensure local processes and needs are being met is a primary responsibility of this position. Candidates must possess strong communication and leaderships skills as well as the ability to resolve workplace issues effectively. The Coordinator will be excited about guiding, training and supporting their team members and is highly motivated to help our community fulfill its larger mission of keeping North Carolinians healthy. The successful candidate will be people-centered, supportive and flexible to get the most out of their team.
The Vaccine Coordinator will supervise a unit of Vaccine Support staff working at the Local Health Departments and at any remote vaccination locations to support the local health department efforts. This unit will collectively support the LHDs with administration of COVID-19 vaccination clinics.
The Vaccine Coordinator is responsible for the unit, tracking progress towards target goals using data reports from relevant software, provide direct supervision, oversight, and mentorship to the unit, and will be the unit’s point of contact within the supervisory structures. The Coordinator will collaborate with the Regional Supervisor and Vaccine Program Administrator to support the LHD’s vaccine-related activities within the scope of the Vaccine Support unit.
- Liaison and report to their assigned region of local health departments daily to ensure needs are known and being met by subordinate staff.
- Learn and be able to train subordinate staff on the appropriate way to support the LHD in vaccine administration.
- Coordinate the unit’s schedules and be available for daily supervision and troubleshooting.
- Immediately identify and report any issues that arise with the unit performing their core responsibilities up the supervisory chain including to the appropriate Local Health Department contact and collaborate to develop and implement a solution.
- Track weekly progress for your assigned Unit using data reports and report progress to Vaccine Program Administrator, Local Health Department and DHHS contacts.
- Ensure all unit staff are providing professional and culturally competent customer service during all interactions with community members by routinely performing customer satisfaction surveys with the local health departments.
· Adhere to DHHS and CCNC Privacy and Security policies to ensure that patient and company data is properly safeguarded.
· Provide feedback on ways to improve the quality and effectiveness of service delivery.
· Must be able to travel, with little notice, within assigned region.
- Registered Nurse (RN), Graduation from an accredited school of nursing, BSN preferred
- Active, unrestricted RN license to practice in North Carolina
- Minimum 2 years’ nursing experience
- Prior experience in supervising subordinate staff and/or managing a program
- Experience establishing programmatic priorities for yourself and subordinate staff that will maximize efficiency of work performance.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and experience with conflict resolution
- Experience working with culturally diverse populations during a time of crisis and distress
- Fluency in languages other than English is a PLUS
- North Carolina resident for greater than one year, with familiarity with counties/cities/communities
· Access to a personal computer/laptop for data entry
- Technology requirements: PC with Windows 10, Antivirus Protection: Windows Defender and Windows Firewall; or Mac with Apple OS X 10.13, Antivirus Protection: Sophos
- Internet connection with minimum of 8 Megabits per second upload and download speed
- The ability to make calls from your computer
- Experience working with and protecting confidential and personally identifying information with complete discretion and professionalism
- Maintain a professional and positive attitude with all internal and external stakeholder
- Maintain a valid driver’s license and a personal vehicle for work use.
- Maintain valid vehicle insurance on vehicle used for work
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
· Ability and willingness to go into the field when needed
- Ability to speak, read, and write English
- Ability to think critically and use good judgement in all decision making
· Able to shift strategy or approach in response to the demands of a situation
The routine work schedule will be in shifts based on the needs of the Local Health Departments. However, this position is very demanding and time consuming requiring the incumbent to work flexible hours to comply with the needs of the local health departments they are supporting. The employee is expected to make adjustments when necessary to meet the changing needs of the state and local health departments. This may on occasion include evening and weekend hours and willingness to go into the field to assist with local health department vaccine efforts. Periodic assignment away from the duty station may require extended hours away from home.
QUALIFIED CANDIDATES PLEASE APPLY AT: