Public Health Department Job
Oxford, NC (Granville-Vance County)
Lisa Macon Harrison
April 12, 2021
Request for Proposals
Carolina Fellows Family Dentistry seeks an independent contractor to provide temporary general dentistry services. Carolina Fellows Family Dentistry, a division of Granville Vance Public Health, provides oral health services to the residents of Granville County, Vance County, and surrounding counties. We seek individuals committed to serving rural, uninsured, underinsured, and insured patients.
REQUIRED TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
The independent contractor must be licensed to practice dentistry in the State of North Carolina and have a minimum of five years of experience in the general practice of dentistry. The independent contractor must provide valid malpractice liability insurance. The independent contractor must be a licensed Medicaid provider.
The independent contractor must be able to provide the following services:
• Examine, determine, and participate in dental treatment by performing all procedures required to establish and maintain proper dental health for each patient,
• Provide general and pediatric dentistry services, including routine cleanings, x-rays, and sealants,
• Provide restorative dentistry services, including root canals, full and partial dentures, amalgam and composite fillings and extractions,
• Administer nitrous oxide for sedation dentistry,
• Serve as a consultant for dental problems to other practice employees,
• Determine that patients’ charts and dental records are correctly maintained through accurate recording of all dental procedures performed on each patient.
Interested contractors must submit a proposal with cover letter, resume, copy of dental license and three work-related reference contacts. The RFP may be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or postal mail to: Personnel Director, Granville-Vance District Health Department, P.O. Box 367, Oxford, N.C. 27565.