Alliance Staffing Job
MountainWise Regional Project Director
Franklin, NC (Macon County)
Position: MountainWise Regional Project Director
Employer: Alliance Staffing
Location: Macon County
Salary: $52,000 – $57,000
Closing date: 2/8/2021
Position oversees an 8 county regional project focusing on improving the health status of the community. Successful applicants will be able to develop community resources within communities, facilitate environmental system changes, advocate for policy development and implement policy and system changes across the region.
Key Job Duties:
· Coordinate the establishment of a Regional Leadership Team to direct the projects for each of the Strategic Directions.
· Coordinate regional leadership team meetings.
· Coordinate development of an annual action plan for the region.
· Coordinate communications between staff, Regional Coordinators, and other regional partners.
· Assist state and regional media staff in the development of a marketing/media plan to disseminate information.
· Track progress on all action plan activities and report to state staff.
· Oversee all contracts and grants associated with the project.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
· Interpret current trends and barriers concerning chronic disease prevention
· Lead and participate effectively in policy development, implementation, quality assurance and evaluation working with appropriate partners;
· Manage people and projects as well as prepare and administer budgets;
· Communicate effectively orally and in writing including using correct English usage and accepted standards for print and audio/visual media;
· Apply electronic communications and various technology to effectively execute the job; and make effective presentations to represent the Program at state and regional meetings.
This position will be hired through the NC Alliance for Public Health Agencies. It is a full-time position with flexible hours to best meet the needs of the project. Position supervises a finance position, Regional Project Coordinators and periodic public health interns. Position will involve frequent travel within the 8 county region and the state and, will often extend the typical work day. Occasional evening & weekend hours are required.
Minimum Training and Experience Requirements
Master's degree in public health or health and/or human services field and two years experience in health education/promotion; or a bachelor’s degree and five years experience in a community, business, or government program, preferable in the fields of health education/promotion; or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
How to apply:
Qualified candidates should apply at www.ncapha.org