Public Health Department Job
Public Health Dental Hygienist I
Franklin, NC (Macon County)
Position: Public Health Dental Hygienist I
Macon County Public Health
Salary: Grade 33, $45,404
Closing date: Until Filled
Provides delegable functions as specified by the NC Board of Dental Examiners for a Dental Hygienist. Performs technical dental work in examining, cleaning, prophylaxis, application of preventive procedures, and instructing on the general care of the teeth.
Hours of work are generally 7:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. Monday through Thursday with occasional evening & weekend hours.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Considerable knowledge of and skill in the application of the techniques and practices of dental hygiene.
· Ability to secure the cooperation of the patient and to elicit required information;
· Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions, and to interpret and maintain records and reports;
· Ability to deal tactfully with the public and to exercise good judgment in appraising situations and making decisions;
· Ability to work with other professional and support personnel in the performance of duties typical of the dental hygienist and assisting with other duties which may be of a lesser complexity.
Minimum Training and Experience Requirements:
· Graduation from an approved two-year program of dental hygiene.
· Licensed to practice as a dental hygienist in North Carolina.
· Certified as a Public Health Dental Hygienist desired.
How to apply:
1. Applicants must register with NC Works at www.ncworks.gov.
2. Applicants must submit a State application (PD-107) and, if needed PD 107 continuation job sheet in person at the address below on or before the closing date.
3. Applications must include 3 references with their contact information.
4. Applications must include a valid email address for the applicant as all correspondence from the employer to the applicant will be electronic through email.
Resumes will not be considered but may be attached to PD-107. No applications are accepted at Macon County Human Resources or Macon County Public Health. A criminal background check will be completed before hiring.
Division of Workforce Solutions - NC Works
Court House Annex
5 West Main Street
FRANKLIN, NC 28734
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER/ADA EMPLOYER