Social Worker II 118001208
NCAPHA IS ACTIVELY RERUITING FOR A SOCIAL WORKER II TO BE PLACED AT THE CUMBERLAND COUNTY HEALTH DEPT.
Job Type: Full-Time
Department: Public Health
The Social Work position works within the Nursing Division’s multidisciplinary Care Management for High-Risk Pregnancy (CMHRP) Program. In conjunction with Nurses, this position provides Care Management services and education to all pregnant, Medicaid recipients determined to be high-risk and qualify for services via positive identification on pregnancy risk screening tools and other referral sources, with the goal of improving birth outcomes, improved quality, and continuity of maternal and primary healthcare. Other social worker related support services include assisting individuals and families in such areas as counseling, parenting, developmental screening, and preventative health follow-up are provided.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Duties for this position include, but are not limited to:
• Provide community outreach services by making contact and a plan of care with high-risk pregnancy women for the purpose of care management.
• Carry a caseload of patients and/or families and work in partnership with them to identify strengths and needs and develop a plan for health maintenance or improvement.
• Make referrals to medical facilities, social services agencies, etc. when needed and agreed upon by the patient or family.
• Maintain records of client care by documenting visits and reporting observations on assessments.
• Daily and weekly work is usually self-planned and coordinated with the team.
Bachelor's degree in social work from an appropriately accredited institution; bachelor's degree in a human services field from an appropriately accredited institution and one year of directly related experience; bachelor's degree from an appropriately accredited institution and two years directly related experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Directly related experience is defined as Human Services experience in the areas of case management, assessment and referral, supportive counseling, intervention, psycho-social therapy and treatment planning.
Per the local Program Agreement with Carolina Collaborative Community Care (4C) Network and the Care Management for High Risk Pregnancy (CMHRP) maintained within the Cumberland County Department of Public Health, staffing must meet the following qualifications:
• Social workers with a bachelor's degree in social work (BSW, BA in SW, or BS in SW) or master's degree in social work (MSW, MA in SW, or MS in SW) from a Council on Social Work Education accredited social work degree program. [Note: non-degreed Social Workers cannot provide Care Management for High-Risk Pregnancy (CMHRP) care management, even if they qualify as a Social Worker under the Office of State Human Resources guidelines].
• CMHRP care managers hired prior to September 1, 2011, without a bachelor's or Master’s degree in social work may retain their existing position only. This Grandfathered status does not transfer to any other position.
Degrees must be received from appropriately accredited universities.
Cumberland County offers a generous benefit plan including a Government Retirement Plan, 12 paid holidays per year and an Employee Wellness Center Clinic.
To learn more about this employment opportunity and to apply, please visit our careers page at https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/cumberlandcountync
QUALIFIED CANDIDATES APPLY AT: www.ncapha.org/employment_center
(please indicate this position on the application)